Friday, April 26, 2013

iOS Updates: ProCam and PanoPerfect

It's been a while since I posted something here. I've been focusing more on my other blog -- My Macintosh and Me. But, fret no more with my post for today. Check out these updates for two photography applications that I have on my iPhone 4S.

ProCam ($0.99) - this cool camera application features SLR-like controls on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Not only is it for taking pictures, you can also shoot videos with the application. The update to the application includes these enhancements.

     - Night mode to take photos in low light situations. In Night Mode, the shutter speed can be manually adjusted to allow more light to be captured by the sensor. The four shutter speed options available include 1/8 sec, 1/4 sec, 1/2 sec and 1 sec.
     - Ability to change the time format (24h/12h) of the date and time stamp.
     - You can now listen to your favorite songs while shooting with the application.
     - An updated user guide

PanoPerfect (free) - I discovered this application in a Cult of Mac article. iOS 6.0 introduced Panorama and this application is a great way to share your panoramic shots. It's just an iPhone application at release but the application has been updated already to support the iPad. The latest update to the application now includes filter application to your Panorama uploads. It also includes a redesigned upload view, tweaked tab bar, improvements to Find Friends, App.net integration, modified Settings page and fix to Search crashes. You can check out my uploads to PanoPerfect here.

0 comments: